easycounter.com – is a fraudulent website owned by the Russians!

easycounter.com – is a fraudulent website owned by the Russians! Overwhelm them with these domains now available for sale – easycounter.co, easycounter.info, easycounter.org, easycounter.us

Scammers use websites to defraud people in a variety of ways. For example, they may sell people goods and services which are never delivered. Or they may collect personal or financial information in order to commit identity theft. All internet-related crime should be reported to the appropriate authorities to investigate so that more people do not become victims.

Report the Fraud

Image titled Report a Fraud Website Step 1
Understand internet crime. Internet crime is any illegal activity that involves the internet, such as websites, chat rooms, or email. Internet crime entails using the internet to make false or fraudulent representations to consumers.[1]

  • Common examples of internet fraud include employment/business opportunity schemes that are fraudulent and the non-delivery of goods or services that you have paid for.
Image titled Report a Fraud Website Step 2
Note the website’s address. To successfully report a website for fraud, you will need to know the website’s URL.[2] Write it down or, if you are at the website, copy and paste the URL into a blank word processing document.

  • The URL is the internet address. You can find it by looking in the address bar.
Image titled Report a Fraud Website Step 3
Document the fraud. You should write down as much information as possible about the website or any transaction you had with the website. For example, you should document as best you can the following:[3][4]

  • the dates you communicated with the company
  • any phone number listed on the website
  • a description of what services or goods the company was offering
  • the amount charged by the website and the amount you paid
  • your method of payment
  • a short description of what happened
Image titled Report a Fraud Website Step 4
Protect yourself. If you think that you have accidentally given out identifying or financial information, then you should take actions to protect yourself. This information includes your Social Security Number, date of birth, bank account information, or credit card numbers.

  • If your Social Security Number was exposed or stolen, then you should get a free annual credit report from annualcreditreport.com and check to see if any new accounts have been opened under your name. Because scammers can try to open credit card accounts with your Social Security Number, you might want to request a credit freeze.
    • A credit freeze restricts access to your credit report. Because most creditors want to see your credit report before opening a new account, the freeze can prevent scammers from obtaining credit in your name.[6]
    • To request a freeze, you should contact each of the three national credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. You will have to pay a fee, which can range from $5 to $10.[7]
  • If your debit or credit card number was stolen, then contact your bank or credit card company and cancel your card. You can then request a new one. Alternately, you could simply monitor your statements regularly and report any suspected fraud to the credit card company.[8]
  • If your bank account information was stolen, then you can contact your bank to close the account and then open a new one. If you don’t want to close the account, then you should regularly monitor your bank statements.[9]
x Shield Logo
This Site Is Protected By
The Shield →